[gst-devel] gstinterpolate interpolate_none_get##type_value_array

Martin Pokorny mpokorny at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 19 20:59:18 CET 2009

I just started to work on a GstControlSource subclass for my project, and as I
was referring to the source for GstInterpolateControlSource for guidance, I saw
something in gstinterpolate.c that I'm trying to understand. Thought I'd pass it
by this mailing list to check what's going on. The line number is 137:

ret = _interpolate_none_get_##type (self, timestamp); \

This line is in the middle of a loop that fills in the values for the elements
of the returned array. From what I've gathered, the returned array should
contain a time series of values, but the value of "timestamp" appears not to
change in the loop. OTOH, there's an unused variable "ts" in this function,
which to me would be the proper value to use in place of "timestamp" in line
137. Am I mis-interpreting what gst_control_source_get_value_array is supposed
to do, or is there a bug in the code? (Similar code appears in other functions
within gstinterpolate.c, so I'm uncertain.)

--
Martin