[gst-devel] Question on audio loop

Jordi Mas jordimash at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 15:34:00 CET 2009

Hello,

I have the following pipleline:

mistelixvideosrc num-buffers=750 !
video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420,width=720,height=576,framerate=(fraction)25/1 ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! mux. filesrc location=song.mp3 ! mad ! audioconvert ! ffenc_mp2  ! ffmux_dvd name=mux preload=500000 maxdelay=699999 !filesink location=welcome.mpeg

This generates a video with an audio track. If the audio is shorter that
audio, I'm interested in that the audio starts again, then there is an
audio playing for all the video duration. Currently what happens is that
when the audio finishes the rest of the video has no audio.

I have set (using gst_pad_set_event_function) the function for the
'sink' pad of the 'mad' element.  When I get a GST_EVENT_EOS, I sent a
gst_event_new_seek[1] to the filesrc element src pad. However, the event
seems to be processed correctly but nothing happens. I looked the
GST_DEBUG  but I could not figure out what's going wrong.

What is the best of way of achieving this? I'm basically interested in
having the audio doing a loop for the duration of the video.

Any answer will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jordi,

[1]gst_event_new_seek (1.0, GST_FORMAT_BYTES, 0, GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,
0, GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, -1);