[gst-devel] udpsrc: Video becomes jerky after one hour of playback

Aleksey Yulin ulin at tut.by
Mon Mar 23 14:21:34 CET 2009

We're trying to play a TS stream unicasted to the udp port. After adding a
queue element after the udpsrc the playback is fine. Our pipeline looks as
follows:

udpsrc port=1234 ! queue ! decodebin2 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

But after an hour of playback the video picture becomes jerky, covered by
multiple green boxes and other artifacts. It looks like some frames are
being dropped on the source or decoder starts to skip them.

What could be the reason for this issue? Is it possibly that the queue
becomes emty and doesn't fill again? We tried to use 'queue2' instead of
'queue' but got the same result.