[gst-devel] cdripper mp3 setting

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Wed Mar 25 21:26:08 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:44:29 +1100
Christopher James Halse Rogers <chalserogers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 22:58 +0100, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > gstreamer pipe:
> > audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc mode=0
> > vbr-quality=6 ! id3v2mux
> >
> > lame encoder:
> > lame --preset-extreme

> If you like --preset-extreme, then I'd suggest you use 'lame
> preset=1002' as your encoding element.  If you look at "gst-inspect
> lame", preset=1002 is the code for the 'extreme' preset.  You would
> want to remove "mode=0 vbr-quality=6" from that pipeline, and replace
> it with "preset=1002".

Thanks for this information. However, if I choose the output format I
only see -four-  options:

CD Quality, Losless (.flac type)
CD Quality, Lossy (.oga type)
Voice, Losless (.wav type)
Voice, Lossy (.spx type)

If I choose edit profiles, the mp3 profile is there, but it does not
show up on the output options. Any ideas?

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
+ http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS sxce snv109 ++