[gst-devel] GStreamer on Windows

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:31:59 CET 2009

2009/3/26 Julien Moutte <julien at moutte.net>:

> I agree with you guys. Somehow the VCPROJ that we created are 50% of
> that solution but there's still a need for something that would pull the
> dependencies and provides VCPROJ for them as well (somehow what oabuild
> does).
>
> We could try to setup a build server that would provide binaries dlls of
> GStreamer core, base, good together with an installer and some set of
> dependencies.
>
> Hard to figure out what's really needed though.

That is most of the work that I have been doing with GStreamer
WinBuild, and part of the work that I proposed as a GSoC project. I
think I am actually able to create some kind of script (or whatever
does the same job) to provide a build environment with all the
external dependencies needed to build GStreamer on Windows.
I also proposed to migrate all that VCPROJ to Code::Blocks, because it
is free software and because it can use several toolchains to make the
build. As Julien Isorce said, CMake would be another option as it can
generate Visual Studio projects, Xcode projects and CodeBlocks
projects files.

Andoni