[gst-devel] Mpeg ts mux --missing audio

lyang oxcsnicho at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:40:19 CET 2009

Hi all,

Here is another student intending to apply for Gstreamer in GSoC this year.
The mpeg2 ts/ps muxer project is my aim, so I've been following the
interesting discussion here in this topic for quite a while :)

I just want to supplying a bit more information. If we strip off aacparse
instead of the h264parse, like this:

gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=2 \
                filesrc location=test.264 \
                ! h264parse ! mux. \
                filesrc location=test.mp2 ! decodebin \
                ! audioconvert ! faac ! mux. \
                mpegtsmux name=mux \
                ! filesink location=test.ts

The product is still having no sound (it's in mplayer; meanwhile VLC prefers
not to show the video instead. This is the same as the product of H.264+AAC
in my box, an Ubuntu Gutsy.)
On the other hand if we replace both of H.264 and AAC with something more
"elementary" like m1v and mp2, mpegtsmux is working perfectly.

I think there must be some mysterious story going on with h264+mpegtsmux....
On the other hand, aacparse looks less susceptible to be the cause of the
bug.

To Thiago (or someone familiar with qtmux): Does qtmux support h264+aac? I
just couldn't figure out how to make it (maybe it's totally trivial;
actually I'm learning hard these days, but not necessarily learning fast:( )
I intended to test if h264+acc is working well in other containers. If yes
then we can keep our attention in mpegtsmux, I think.

Regards,
Lin