[gst-devel] how to send rtsp stream (or: act like ip camera)

Jan Spurny JSpurny at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 27 23:25:46 CET 2009

Hi,

Is there any way of creating pipeline which would generate RTSP stream just like some IP camera?
I've found many examples like:

 gst-launch -v v4lsrc ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! rtpmp4vpay ! udpsink port=5000

but then I must copy the caps string and use it in receiver's gst pipeline - but I'd like to make a stream anyone can read using mplayer, vlc, or whatever rtsp-enabled player they have..

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion

Jan Spurny