[gst-devel] How to embed video in gtk app

Fabian Sturm f at rtfs.org
Sat Mar 28 03:44:59 CET 2009

Hi!

I am looking for the simplest possible way to embed a video in a gtk
app. Preferable I could embed any type of video but ogg alone would be
enough as a start. Since I could not find an existing gtk widget, I
started to directly using gstreamer.

Right now I have stripped down the seek.c example code to the minimum.
But with the xvimagesink I can only get the video in a separate window.

My current code: http://pastebin.com/m33a6019c

So for now my open questions are:

- How can I get the video embedded in gtk and not as seperate window

- How can I autodetect and play any supported format

Thanks a lot,
Fabian