[gst-devel] What happens when set always_copy=FALSE in v4l2src

yangsb yangsb05 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 03:46:19 CEST 2009

Hi.
I am testing rtsp-server  for streaming out live video on my arm board.
The server works fine when always_copy is TRUE.
Several days ago, I set always_copy to FALSE , I found that the rtsp server
run
into a dead state.
I tried to debug , and I found that the kernal can not return after
executing
one videobuf_waiton( ) function .

#############################
if (list_empty(&q->stream))
  goto done;
 buf = list_entry(q->stream.next, struct videobuf_buffer, stream);
 retval = videobuf_waiton(buf, nonblocking, 1);retval = videobuf_waiton(buf,
nonblocking, 1);
 if (retval < 0)
###########################

this line of code is in function  videobuf_dqbuf() .
And the function is in  drivers/media/video/video-buf.c

However when I use filesink instead of rtsp streaming , the program works
fine.
My gst-launch is the following :

gst-launch  \
v4l2src always_copy=FALSE !  \
TIVidenc codecName=h264enc genTimeStamps=1 engineName=encode \
contiguousInputFrame=TRUE iColorSpace=UYVY resolution=640x480 ! \
filesink location=test.264

My rtsp-server is from
http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2008/10/13/gstreamer-rtsp-server/

Hope to get some advice ..