[gst-devel] Help about dynamic change of a pipeline in a bin

Luca Ognibene luca.ognibene at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:21:42 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 12:20:52AM +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Luca Ognibene schrieb:
> > Hi! I would like to create a element (GstBin) with a sink pad and N
> > src request pads. Each time the app
> > requests a pad the bin should request a pad from a tee element,
> > creates a bin, attach tee with the bin
> > and returns the newly created pad.
> > My problem is that i have hangs/segfaults and i don't really know how
> > to fix them.. i don't find docs or examples about
> > this use case.
> > My test program is this: http://62.94.168.69/filtersbin2.py
> > Just run it and it'll hangs :)
> >
> > Can someone help me? I would love to read docs about this.. but i've
> > found only part-block.txt and i think
> > i'm following it..
> >

> I do exactly that in c:
> http://buzztard.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/buzztard/trunk/buzztard/src/lib/core/machine.c?view=markup
> Search for bt_machine_request_new_pad()

Hi Stefan!
I've tried to look at your source code but it seems that on
bt_machine_request_new_pad you're just requesting a pad from a tee element.
My problem is that i would like to also start and attach a bin while the
pipeline is playing. If you know any program that does something like this
(c or python it's not a problem)..

ciao
Luca