[gst-devel] How to save a stream buffer to a file ?

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Tue May 5 12:09:45 CEST 2009

Hi Nicolas

Just a quick note about your approach: notice that your jpeg-encoding
pipeline is always running, so basically you are permanently converting
the video source into JPEG, and using it infrequently. It could be
considered as a waste of CPU.

For a similar task, I have chosen to use 2 different pipelines (1 for
playing, the other for encoding), and had a solution (see the recent
"Image conversion through a pipeline" thread) which I need to update
since it recently broke. I will keep the list posted when I update my
code.

Olivier