[gst-devel] GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

Guilherme grlongo.ireland at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:42:44 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I successfully created a  buffer:

    g_print ("\n\nCreating Buffer\n");
    buffer = gst_buffer_new();
    if(!buffer)
        g_printerr ("buffer could not be created\n");
    else
        g_print ("Buffer Created\n\n");

And now I want to output all source content in this buffer and when it
is full output its content in a sink element.

    At the moment my pipeline is like that:

    gst_bin_add_many (GST_BIN (pipeline), source, filesink, NULL);
    gst_element_link_many (source, filesink, NULL);

How can I implement such a feature? I tried inserting the buffer
directly in the pipeline but a get the following error:

    (buffer_analysis:3559): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add:
assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

    Can I get some help?

Tks!

Guilherme Longo
Dept. Eng. da Computação
Unaerp

Linux User - #484927

*Before Asking
http://www.istf.com.br/?page=perguntas

!- I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees -!