[gst-devel] GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

Guilherme grlongo.ireland at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:38:36 CEST 2009

Tim, I found my problem.
I was using a invalid element in a pipeline.

The question that still pending is how can I get handle of a buffered data??

    For example a simple situation:

       source -> sink

    I know that data flows from the source src-pad to a buffer than to
the sink-pad of the sink element.

    1 - Am I able to specify size for that buffer? Cause I want to dump
the data in this buffer when its full to another buffer, than I can
realize a operation with that second buffer while the first receives
more data and so on..!

    2 - If the first option isn't a valid option, Is that possible to
get handle of data in this first buffer even with the pipeline play.
Cause I need to check the input that to perform a transformation with
the data. FFT (fast fourier transform) to be more exactly. Since there
is no plug-in available to perform that operation I have to do it
separately.

    Great Regards;

Tks!

Guilherme Longo
Dept. Eng. da Computação
Unaerp

Linux User - #484927

*Before Asking
http://www.istf.com.br/?page=perguntas

!- I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees -!