[gst-devel] are the mpeg ts tools working?

Sébastien Barthélemy barthelemy at crans.org
Fri May 8 22:34:04 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to convert .ts files with multiple audio tracks to mkv files
while keeping all the tracks. And I wonder if this is possible with
gstreamer. I did some (still unsuccessful) tests but before spending
more time on this, I would like to know from experts if this is
possible at all, especially since everything I use is labeled as 'bad'
or 'ugly' ;)

For now, I can play the file (the log is attached):

gst-launch -v filesrc location=Arte\ -\ Afrique\ extreme\ -\
19-01-2009\ 20h00\ 44m.ts ! decodebin ! xvimagesink 2&> log-decodebin

But, when I try to demux manually, it kind of hangs...

gst-launch-0.10 -v filesrc location=Arte\ -\ Afrique\ extreme\ -\
19-01-2009\ 20h00\ 44m.ts ! mpegtsdemux name=demuxer demuxer.video_00
! mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink
Définition du pipeline à PAUSED...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstMpegTSDemux:demuxer: pat-info =
((GValueArray*) 0x981f810)
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstMpegTSDemux:demuxer: pmt-info =
((MpegTsPmtInfo*) 0x9822e00)
Le pipeline est en phase de PREROLL...

As said, there may be some obvious error on my side, as I'm not a very
experienced user, I just want to validate the time needed to find it
won't be wasted.

Thank you for any advice

Sebastien