[gst-devel] Problem using gstrtpbin

Tiago Katcipis katcipis at inf.ufsc.br
Sat May 9 14:45:35 CEST 2009

i did it, the pad never is created :-(, but i get no message of warning or
error neither. And on the list of signals of the gstrtpbin there is no
"pad-added" signal, its normal to the signal dont be there?
*
g_signal_connect (rtp_bin, "pad-added",   G_CALLBACK (on_pad_added),
rtp_decoder);*

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Aurelien Grimaud <gstelzz at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> You should add the pad-added signal on the rtpbin.
> When it triggers, check the pad name to find out which pad it is.
> If pad is a recv_rtp_src_%d_%d_%d, link your decoder and sink in the
> call back.
>
> Aurelien
>
> Tiago Katcipis a écrit :
> > Im trying to do a rtp stream sending data and another side receiving
> > the data, the part that sends the data is working fine, but the part
> > that receives is giving me a lot of trouble. At
> >
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-gstrtpbin.html
> > i have read:
> >
> > "To use GstRtpBin
> > <
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-gstrtpbin.html#GstRtpBin
> >
> > as an RTP receiver, request a recv_rtp_sink_%|d| pad. The session
> > number must be specified in the pad name. Data received on the
> > recv_rtp_sink_%|d| pad will be processed in the gstrtpsession manager
> > and after being validated forwarded on GstRtpsSrcDemux element. Each
> > RTP stream is demuxed based on the SSRC and send to a
> > GstRtpJitterBuffer
> > <
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-gstrtpjitterbuffer.html#GstRtpJitterBuffer
> >.
> > After the packets are released from the jitterbuffer, they will be
> > forwarded to a GstRtpsSrcDemux element. The GstRtpsSrcDemux element
> > will demux the packets based on the payload type and will create a
> > unique pad recv_rtp_src_%|d_|%|d_|%|d| on gstrtpbin with the session
> > number, SSRC and payload type respectively as the pad name. "
> >
> > on my application i cant get the recv_rtp_src_%|d_|%|d_|%|d,  |i
> > already tried on a lot of ways, my last shot was try to iterate over
> > all the pads on the bin and try to conect, i discovered that the src
> > pad never shows up. No error is given. I can get the on-new-ssrc
> > signal...and other signals as  |on-ssrc-validated... but on all this
> > signals the | recv_rtp_src_%|d_|%|d_|%|d is not created yet, i also
> > tried to get the "on-pad-added" signal but this signal never happens|.
> >
> > My problem is, when the recv_rtp_src_%|d_|%|d_|%|d is created|. When i
> > iterate over the pads i always get a
> > ** (teste_rtp:9516): DEBUG: GstRtpBin has [0] src pads
> >
> > here goes the source code, is a little messy because im all day trying
> > a lot of different ways to do this. And i get no error message.
> >
> > #include <gst/gst.h>
> > #include <glib.h>
> >
> > #define PORTA_UDP_ENTRADA 5000
> >
> > static gboolean
> > bus_call (GstBus     *bus,
> >           GstMessage *msg,
> >           gpointer    data)
> > {
> >   GMainLoop *loop = (GMainLoop *) data;
> >
> >   switch (GST_MESSAGE_TYPE (msg)) {

> [...]

"it might be a profitable thing to learn Java, but it has no intellectual
value whatsoever" Alexander Stepanov