[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] gst-plugins-base: theoradec: rearrange code in preparation for 422 and 444 support.

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon May 11 19:21:25 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net> wrote:

> I'm unfreezing in a few hours anyway, so might as well leave them in.
> I'll try and make sure to leave the freeze notice in the channel topic
> next time.

Ok. Sorry for the screwup.

> For the record, the actual rule is that things unfreeze when I push the
> commit that bumps the version number in configure.ac back to
> development.
>
> The consensus seems to be that there's nothing wrong with our current
> practice apart from me forgetting to leave the IRC topic marked frozen,
> so that's cool.

The current practice is ok with me.

I think it'd be slightly better to branch _at release time_ (but
retain the freeze on trunk before the release). Brown-paper-bag
releases, as well as future security releases if required, would
happen from the branch. No post-release freeze would be required. So
if we were to change anything, that's what I'd suggest.

Mike