[gst-devel] RTP-Stream from JMF to GStreamer

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:48:17 CEST 2009

> Streaming H263 from JMF to GStreamer works, but JPEG/RTP fails with
> at least one missing lib: rtpjpegdepay.
>
> gst-inspect-0.10 | grep jpeg doesn't contains this plugin

Your package seems wrong. If you use Ubuntu and you use the ubuntu
packages, ubuntu would be the correct place to issue your grievances:

[mleeman at bane ~]$ gst-inspect-0.10 | grep jpeg
typefindfunctions: image/jpeg: jpeg, jpe, jpg
rtp:  rtpjpegpay: RTP JPEG payloader
rtp:  rtpjpegdepay: RTP JPEG depayloader
ffmpeg:  ffdec_adpcm_ima_smjpeg: FFMPEG IMA Loki SDL MJPEG ADPCM decoder
ffmpeg:  ffdec_mjpegb: FFMPEG Apple MJPEG-B decoder
ffmpeg:  ffdec_mjpeg: FFMPEG MJPEG (Motion JPEG) decoder
ffmpeg:  ffenc_mjpeg: FFMPEG MJPEG (Motion JPEG) encoder
ffmpeg:  ffenc_ljpeg: FFMPEG Lossless JPEG encoder
jpeg:  smokedec: Smoke video decoder
jpeg:  smokeenc: Smoke video encoder
jpeg:  jpegdec: JPEG image decoder
jpeg:  jpegenc: JPEG image encoder
[mleeman at bane ~]$

> How do I get rtpjpegdepay for my system?

From easy to hard:

1. Get your ubunto packages fixed.
2. Re-compile your ubuntu packages to include what you want
3. Compile gstreamer git and install in /usr/local/
4. Switch distributions to one that includes what you want

--
  greetz, marc
"Our vision is to speed up time, eventually eliminating it."