[gst-devel] jpegparse element

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon May 18 10:33:08 CEST 2009

 Hoi all,

 I need an equivalent of mpeg4videoparse/h264parse for motion jpeg streams.
The jpegdec element contains the required functionality, I don't want to
decode.  I couldn't find any other element that does it, so I'll make one.

* I'll make sure there are docs and a test, should it still be created in -bad
first?
* Is a simple-launch-lines test sufficient?
* I hope it's OK to shamelessly rip code from jpegdec?
* Once the jpegparse element exists in -good, that functionality should be
removed from jpegdec - with the rank and parsed=true trick that is also used
in mpeg4 and h264.  While I'm hacking away, it's a simple thing for me to
remove this stuff from jpegdec too.  However, I don't suppose it's a good
idea to remove this functionality right away.  Should I file it as a 0.11
target enhancement?

 Thanks for the info,
 Regards,
 Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540