[gst-devel] jpegparse element

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:12:18 CEST 2009

> > Wim committed some work in rtpjpegpay a couple weeks ago. I had a
> > simular issue you probl have; but I used a quick decode/encode trick to
> > get the correct caps; before reconfiguring the pipeline again.
>
>  Probably not :-)  I get a stream of concatenated JPEG frames without any
> muxing, and I need to mux it into a matroska file.  So the 4K souphttpsrc
> buffers have to become buffers containing 1 JPEG frame.  I could indeed do a
> jpegdec-enc chain of the whole stream, but that would be quite expensive (for
> 100 parallel streams...).

Hey, that is *exactly* what I'm doing!

No, not really; I was re-payloading MJPEG/RTP and rtpjpegpay was
requiring more extensive caps than those that came from rtpjpegdepay.

So I added a dirty jpegdec ! jpegenc to get the full caps and once I got
those from a typefind; I reconfigured the pipeline to remove the
jpegdec/jpegenc again.

Full recoding would indeed be expensive and silly. Wim updated
rtpjpegpay to get the required params from the stream instead of from
the caps.

--
  greetz, marc
One Bell System - it sometimes works.