[gst-devel] Problem using Playbin2

Dirk Vanden Boer dirk.vdb at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:13:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm having some troubles playing files with gstreamer using playbin2.

Playing a list of files works like a charm when I connect to the
about-to-finish signal and set a new uri in the signal handler.
The problem I face is playing multiple files and putting the stream to
the READY status in between the files.

After putting the stream to the READY status I can't always put it into the
PLAYING status again. I created a minimal testcase that reproduces my
problem.
The file can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/gejengel/source/browse/trunk/data/main.c
Compile with: gcc main.c -o test `pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10`

Run the resulting executable with: ./test pathtosome audiofile
It's best to take a short file ~5s. It will start looping the file, on
my machine this usually fails within the first 5 attempts.

I'm using the gstreamer version from ubuntu jaunty (0.10.22-1)

Any ideas are appreciated.

Best regards,
Dirk