[gst-devel] GStreamer C# bindings

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 19 17:18:46 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, den 19.05.2009, 16:48 +0200 schrieb Maarten Bosmans:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Very nice to see that the gstreamer-sharp bindings are being further
> developed. I'm currently using
> http://code.google.com/p/cil-bindings/source/browse/#svn/trunk/gstreamer-sharp
> as bindings for my application, but these are not very mature and not
> being actively worked on.

Oh, I didn't know those bindings yet. But being changed last time almost
a year ago I don't think either they're very usable as Gtk# back then
didn't even support overriding GObject virtual methods

> I'm eager to try your branch and give feedback. Do you perhaps have a
> Windows build available? I've struggled a bit with mingw, but I can't
> get the bindings to compile.

You need mono 2.4 and gtk# from SVN trunk plus a few patches from Novell
Bugzilla (take a look at the README file). I'm in contact with the gtk#
maintainer to get all the patches merged though. Also I don't know much
about development on Windows but maybe I can help if you paste the
output of mingw here :)