[gst-devel] Motion Detection and RTSP

ScreenName01 lwhlee at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 21:12:53 CEST 2009

Hi All,

  I'm using RTSP server 0.10.1 (Just noticed there's version 0.10.2 and
0.10.3 now) and I was wondering how I would go about integrating motion
detection.  I'm not very familiar with what RTSP is capable of.  Is there a
part of the specification where I can add it in as a event perhaps.

  If anyone has any ideas about where best to add/integrate something like
motion detection I'm up for trying anything as like I said I don't know how
one would properly integrate it.

  FYI, I have a separate process outside of the protocol handling it right
now.  It's doing it's own IPC with the tasks that are listening right now.
It's a side task and has no intervention with the RTSP server at all.

  Any help is appreciated, thanks!

  Side note:  I'm doing live streaming from a v4l source.  Is it a good idea
to upgrade to 0.10.2/3 since I noticed one of the patches deals with support
for live streams.  Thanks again!