[gst-devel] udpsrc and sink very slow on local machine

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 12:58:08 CEST 2009

Hi all, I just joined this group. I am new to gstreamer and was practising to understand its network capability and issued the following two statements from two terminals in ubuntu (Interpid) but the video is very slow. I am suspecting that the problem could be with configuring the data transfer rate and also allocating the buffer but didn't know how to do it. Could anyone help me with the above issue. Also direct me to proper page to get detail information about this issues. Thank you. The following are the commands I used:
for capturing video from a webcam and sending through network (currently i am trying the local host):
                 gst-launch v4l2src num-buffers=5000 ! ffenc_h263p ! rtph263ppay ! udpsink port=5000
for recieving the above stream from port 5000 of teh local machine, i used the following:
              gst-launch-0.10 udpsrc port=5000 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H263-1998" num-buffers=5000 ! rtph263pdepay ! ffdec_h263 ! xvimagesink

I hope I am clear.

Thank you.

- Zelalem S.