[gst-devel] Getting the complete caps from rtph264pay

Tristan Matthews tristan at sat.qc.ca
Thu May 28 15:24:13 CEST 2009

I'm not sure if this will solve your issue but I'd been getting the caps
from the udpsink linked to the payloader. However, some recent changes to
gst-plugins-bad (in git) have made it so these caps are always null, and I
haven't had the chance to diagnose the issue further. But at least with the
last release, calling gst_pad_get_negotiated_caps on the udpsink's sink pad
worked for me.

-Tristan

2009/5/28 Jyoti <jyoti.d at allaboutif.com>

> Within the notify::caps callback function try print the caps as below.
>
> caps = GST_PAD_CAPS (pad);
> g_print ("Caps = %s\n, gst_caps_to_string (caps));
>
> Refer the link below for more info:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPad.html#gst-pad-get-caps
>

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Florent <fthiery at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I am trying to get the caps provided by rtph264py (as example) to
>> construct the corresponding sdp file in [1]. I partially manage to get
>> something:
>> 1) i connect the pad of rtph264pay to caps notification;
>> 2) callback notify_caps prints the caps, by doing get_caps
>>
>>    def notify_caps(self, pad, caps):
>>        caps =  pad.get_caps()
>>        print caps
>>
>> The result is:
>> application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, payload=(int)[ 96, 127 ],
>> clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264
>>
>> I need the other caps (sprops parameter sets, etc...) to build the sdp
>> file.
>>
>> How can i get these ? I managed to do so by using an interactive shell
>> (ipython) through pad.get_negociated_caps(), but i don't know how to
>> do this in my application.
>>
>> Thanks for any help;
>>
>> Florent
>>
>> [1]
>> http://code.google.com/p/gstmanager/source/browse/trunk/gstmanager/bins/rtpencodingbin.py

>> Register Now for Creativity and Technology (CaT), June 3rd, NYC. CaT
>> is a gathering of tech-side developers & brand creativity professionals.
>> Meet
>> the minds behind Google Creative Lab, Visual Complexity, Processing, &
>> iPhoneDevCamp as they present alongside digital heavyweights like
>> Barbarian
>> Group, R/GA, & Big Spaceship. http://p.sf.net/sfu/creativitycat-com

Tristan Matthews
email: tristan at sat.qc.ca