[gst-devel] Using text overlay in a GnlComposition

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:50:07 CEST 2009

Hi!
Is it possible to use a text overlay element in a GnlOperation ?

I'm trying to extract video segments and overlay some descriptive text
with the textoverlay element. For each segment I create a
gnlfilesource and a gnloperation element with the same value for all
the time properties (media-start, media-stop, start and stop). I also
add  a textoverlay element to the gnloperation element. The source pad
of the gnlcomposition is linked to an encoder tail. The app is working
fine without the text overlay.

For each segment the pipeline should be similiar to this one, which
works for me:

gst-launch-0.10 gnlfilesource location=video.avi  media-start=0
duration=5000000000 media-duration=5000000000 start=0 ! textoverlay
text="The description goes here" ! identity single-segment=true !
videorate ! x264enc ! matroskamux ! filesink location=test.avi

But when I run it on my app using the gnlcomposition I get a seek
error (<gnlcomposition> Sending seek event failed!):
http://pastebin.com/m798c5eb6

Any idea?

Andoni.