[gst-devel] problem prerolling the videosink element using kernel version 23

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Sun Nov 1 07:37:11 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am using linux kernel version 23 on my Davinci board.
I have  set up the "dvsdk_2_00_00_22".
The gstreamer-0..24 is cross compiled for board.

the pipeline plays well with the launchline:

gst-launch filesrc location=/opt/data/collateral.ts ! mpegtsdemux name=demux
! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 max-size-bytes=5242880 !
viddecoder ! videosink device=/dev/fb/1 max-lateness=40000000 demux. ! queue
max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 max-size-bytes=8192 ! auddec ! queue !
audiosink

but when I am implementing the same in C, my videosink element never reaches
to PAUSED or PLAYING state. But if am playing only audio it does play well..

The same application works well with kernel version 10.

For kernel version 23 the file doesn't play files with only video or audio
video. But if I discard video & play audio for any files containing audio it
plays well..

Can anyone tell me if I need to do any thing extra for kernel version 23?
I would be thankful for any quick replies on the same.

Thanks,
Jyoti