[gst-devel] HELP: Link "wavparse" to "audioconvert" has error.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 11:51:24 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 18:37 +0800, Freeman Zhang wrote:
Hi,

> When I link "wavparse" to the "audioconvert" it is failed. but if I
> use "mad", it will success.
>
> I have ran it from the command line:
> "gst-launch filesrc location=./media/login.wav ! wavparse !
> audioconvert ! audioresample ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay" it is ok.
>
> I don't know why it failed, please help me, how can I can the error
> details?

Because that pipeline assumes that the .wav file contains raw audio
(which is the only thing audioconvert can handle). However, in the case
where it fails the .wav file seems to contain mp3-encoded audio, which
audioconvert can't handle (but 'mad' can).

You can avoid this kind of problem if you use the 'decodebin2' element
instead of wavparse. (or replace filesrc ! wavparse with
'uridecodebin').

Cheers
 -Tim