[gst-devel] About hardware resources liberation notification (e.g. alsasrc)

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:58:29 CET 2009

Hi

When you stop a pipeline containing hardware-related elements (e.g.
alsasrc) by setting the state to NULL for instance, you need to wait a
few seconds for the hardware device to be available again. Is there a
state/notification which would let me know exactly when the device has
been liberated ? I understand the other way (waiting for the elements
to settle before processing) is implemented (through PREROLL), but
what about resources liberation ? Should there be some post EOS signal
or intermediary state ? I can also use probing (starting some fakesink
pipeline to see if i am getting errors), but this feels really
unelegant to me.

Thanks for any comments

Florent