[gst-devel] Transcoding to Flash - empty file

Lukas Ruetz lukas.ruetz at gmx.at
Mon Nov 9 15:28:36 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

I am trying to transcode different videos to Flash-Video. I have written
the code in C but for better understanding I post the command-line
version here:

   filesrc location=input.mpg \
     ! decodebin2 name=decode \
   decode. \
     ! queue \
     ! videoscale \
     ! capsfilter caps='video/x-raw-yuv,width=160,height=128' \
     ! ffmpegcolorspace \
     ! ffenc_flv \
     ! flvmux name=mux \
   decode. \
     ! queue \
     ! audioconvert \
     ! audioresample \
     ! lame \
     ! mux.
   mux. \
     ! filesink location=out.flv \

Transcoding without audio works well, but with audio I get an empty
file, so I assume that there's something not linked the right way,
although the debug-messages say nothing about that linking has failed.
I've attached the GST_DEBUG=3 log.

In the C code I link all elements with static pads, then request pads
on the muxer and link the two encoders to the mux. Linking the decodebin
to the both queues is done in the callback of the decodebin. All
elements are in the main pipeline - do I have to make sub-bins? Also
note that the decodebin uses flump3dec not ffdec_mp3.

The used input file is a PAL MPEG2 video, MPEG1 L2 48kHz audio, 25fps
I'm on ubuntu 9.10 with the ubuntu packages (0.10.25-2).

With decodebin (v1) the pipeline does not link.

I've tried a lot but don't get working files with audio. Please give me
some hints.

Thanks,
Lukas