[gst-devel] Memory leak problem with souphttpsrc and qtdemux

tiki_ns tihomir.andjelic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:42:06 CET 2009

I want just to inform you. I updated my SW to use latest version of GST
plugins and I don't have problem with "qtdemux memory leak".

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Tiki

tiki_ns wrote:

> I have tried adding the queue in front of qtdemux for filesrc and memory
> leak is present! If I use long enough file, memory usage rises above 78%
> and sometimes the application is killed. The same behavior I observed when
> I used souphttpsrc, only now with filesrc the rate at which memory usage
> rises is even higher. I recently joined GST world and so I am still not
> familiar with it's concept. Is it possible that such memory issue exist in
> qtdemux and flvdemux as well?
>
> One more thing, I am not using the latest version of gst and plugins
> because of some stability issues on target platform so I will try to
> update to latest one to check if issue still exist. Thank you very much
> for your information and support. I will inform you about any progress.
>
> Best regards,
> Tiki
>

> Philip Jägenstedt-3 wrote:
>>
>> What if you put a queue between filesrc and qtdemux? That will make
>> effectively make the source a push source. If the leak is still
>> present, the problem is in qtdemux.
>>
>> Philip
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 09:27, tiki_ns <tihomir.andjelic at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am  monitoring memory usage with linux top process (just gst pipeline
>>> is
>>> active). I reduced pipeline to src/demux/sink just to isolate
>>> problematic
>>> block. Memory leak is present even in case when audio pad is attached.