[gst-devel] gst-launch hangs after displaying first frame

John Buckley buckleyassoc at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 03:06:55 CET 2009

Stefan Kost wrote:

> rate=30 is nonsense, also framerate=30/1should be written as
> framerate=\(fraction\)30/1
> if that does not help, try GST_DEBUG="v4l2src:4" gst-launch ...
>
> Stefan

Excellent.  I removed the rate=30 nonsense and used the type cast
\(fraction\) and it seems to work.
It seems to work most of the time now when I use gst-launch from the command
line.
The video appears to be running pretty fast but there's a large delay on the
order of 0.5sec in the video stream on the LCD of my gumstix target board.
But I am getting a steady video stream and that is great news!!!

My gst-launch command looks like this:
# gst-launch v4l2src ! image/jpeg,width=320,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1 !
jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink sync=false

John Buckley