[gst-devel] Gstreamer opengl and Xevent

Antar3s antares85 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:17:02 CET 2009

Hi all,
I'm trying to develop a opengl application that uses Gstreamer to show a
video in his context.
But it's not all.
I read some other thread on this topic, but the difference in my work is
that I need to handle xevents.
My application uses user's input to switch the opengl context.
for an easy example:
i have an opengl cube that i can rotate with mouse and i have to render the
result of a gstreamer pipeline.
Now i'm thinking about 2 ways:
1) is to use glupload "external-opengl-context" to link both context
2) to use a fake sink and its handoff call to pass the buffers to the
texture handler of my opengl app

one other way could be to write/rewrite a gst-gl-plugin, but i'm a newbie in
gstreamer and opengl (i'm working on them from 2 months), so i prefer an
easier way if is it possible.
So i need some tips to find the best way to reach my goal:-)

i'm working on ubuntu 8.10 with mesa7.2 and Xwindow and i'm programming in
C/C++

Thanks in advance to all!