[gst-devel] Deadloop when trying to link a tee with 3 sinks.

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:15:12 CET 2009

Now I am quite sure this is a bug, try this:

C:\gstreamer\bin>gst-launch-0.10.exe filesrc
location="e:\\gst\\vivs_basic_test\\bin\\Debug\\bunny_mpeg4.mp4" !
decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! tee name=tee1 ! queue ! directdrawsink
tee1. ! queue ! directdrawsink tee1. ! queue ! directdrawsink

gst-launch will be blocked until you force it to quit.

BUT, if you remove the last directdrawsink, it works just fine.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 16:52 +0800, Peter Cai wrote:
>
>> A pipeline like this : appsrc ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! tee ! fakesink.
>>
>> Latter the code tried to add 3 directdrawsink to that tee.
>> The first 2 is added just OK
>> But when trying to add the 3rd, it goes into a dead loop
>
> Did you put queues after the tee for each branch? If not, that would
> likely prevent prerolling and hang as you describe (search the mailing
> list archives for tee+queue for an explanation).
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

look to the things around you,the immediate world around you, if you
are alive,it will mean something to you ——Paul Strand