[gst-devel] gstreamer throughput is okay then slows down

John Buckley buckleyassoc at comcast.net
Thu Nov 12 15:22:37 CET 2009

Hello,

I noticed last night that immediately following a fresh bootup the when using gst-launch the initial throughput looks okay (maybe 250ms delay).  This I can work with and try to improve.

However, as time goes by the delay becomes greater and greater and reaches as high as 10seconds eventually.  <ctrl-c> and re-issuing the gst-launch command does not clear the delay.

Here is my gst-launch command:

#gst-launch v4l2src ! image/jpeg,width=320,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1 ! ffdec_mjpeg ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink sync=false

     or

#gst-launch v4l2src ! image/jpeg,width=320,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1 ! jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink sync=false

Any ideas on how I can maintain the initial bootup performance and try to improve on that instead of having it go the other way?

John Buckley