[gst-devel] Transcoding pipeline any->flash

Lukas Ruetz lukas.ruetz at gmx.at
Thu Nov 19 12:05:24 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I got no answer one week ago, but I'm sure some of you have done
something similar. ;-)
I need help with a transcoding pipeline video->flash. Only audio or
video transcoding is simple but video with audio does not work for me.

I have written the code in C but for better understanding I post the
command-line version here:

   filesrc location=input.mpg \
     ! decodebin2 name=decode \
   decode. \
     ! queue \
     ! videoscale \
     ! capsfilter caps='video/x-raw-yuv,width=160,height=128' \
     ! ffmpegcolorspace \
     ! ffenc_flv \
     ! flvmux name=mux \
   decode. \
     ! queue \
     ! audioconvert \
     ! audioresample \
     ! lame \
     ! mux.
   mux. \
     ! filesink location=out.flv \

Transcoding without audio works well, but with audio I get an empty
file, so I assume that there are some elements/pads not linked,
although the debug-messages say nothing about that linking has failed.
The GST_DEBUG=3 log is in the previous mail:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.gstreamer.devel/27366

In the C code
- I link all elements with static pads
- then request pads on the muxer
- and link the two encoders to the muxer
- Linking the decodebin to the both queues is done in the callback of
 the decodebin.
- All elements are in the main pipeline - do I have to make sub-bins?

The used input file is a PAL MPEG2 video, MPEG1 L2 48kHz audio, 25fps
I'm on ubuntu 9.10 with the ubuntu packages (0.10.25-2).

thanks
lukas