[gst-devel] multiple pipelines

Miron Kunz mironoz at mail.ru
Fri Nov 20 09:36:46 CET 2009

I am trying to accomplish the following:

1) capture local audio/video from mic and camera
2) display local video and visual form of local audio
3) use farsight conference to stream local audio/video
3a) use farsight conference to display remote audio/video

I just started with gstreamer so I thought that all three tasks I will do in 3 different pipelines:

1st Pipeline:
dshowaudiosrc!tee name=srcdemux ! fakesink
dshowvideosrc!tee name=srcdemux ! fakesink

2nd Pipeline:
ghost src pad from 1st pipeline video srcdemux!queue!dshowvideosink
ghost src pad from 1st pipeline video srcdemux!queue!monoscope!dshowvideosink

3rd Pipeline:
ghost src pad from 1st pipeline video srcdemux!queue!farsight
ghost src pad from 1st pipeline audio srcdemux!queue!farsight
farsight src!dshowvideosink

I skipped all converters for sake of space.

When I am linking ghost pads I block audio or video src pad and perform linking from the call back.

If I made myself clear I would appreciate the advise on whether I still should choose the single pipeline for this case.

Thanks,
Miron