[gst-devel] Problem with rtspsrc->rtph264depay->qtmux->filesink

Yiliang Bao yiliangb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:19:24 CET 2009

Hi Florian,

Thanks for replying to my message. ffmux_mp4 did not work for me either when
I posted the original message. All I got are access unit delimiter RBSP's.
An acces unit delimiter RBSP is something like 000000010910 for the I frame,
and 000000010030 for the non-I frame.

Since the AU delimiter has the same timestamp as the following NAL, I was
wondering whether that was a problem. And indeed it was. In the
functioncompute_pkt_fields2() in file:
/gst-ffmpeg-0.10.9/gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/libavformat/utils.c

I changed the following line to allow two consecutive packets have same time
stamp:

 #if 1

if(st->cur_dts && st->cur_dts != AV_NOPTS_VALUE && st->cur_dts > pkt->dts){

#else

if(st->cur_dts && st->cur_dts != AV_NOPTS_VALUE && st->cur_dts >= pkt->dts){

#endif

Now I can capture video correctly. I am wondering if anyone working on
ffmpeg can verify whether this fix is a valid solution. Maybe I should post
a separate message on ffmux_mp4.

However, this does not solve my problem. I still need to make qtmux work
since it supports the audio codec which ffmux_mp4 does not support.

Thanks,
Yiliang