[gst-devel] Does rtph264depay always set GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT?

Yiliang Bao yiliangb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 23:41:43 CET 2009

Hi,

When I tested the pipeline

rtspsrc->rtph264depay->qtmux->filesink

I found that the captured file has every frame set as key frame in atom
"stss". I probed the src pad of rtph264depay, it seems that every buffer has
flag "GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT" set, and qtmux used this flag to determine
whether the current frame is a sync frame or not.

Should that flag be set only for the buffer containing an IDR picture?

Another issue with the buffer outputted from rtph264depay is that duration
is invalid. I am not sure whether this caused the problem in qtmux. Is the
duration optional so that downstream module can infer the duration based on
timestamp if needed?

Thanks,
Yiliang