[gst-devel] Playbin2 and Gapless Playback

Jonathan Noble regomodo at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:47:25 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm developing a music player and currently moving it from Phonon to
gstreamer. Although I notice playbin2 is beta and it's API is not fixed I am
experiencing flakey playback in gapless playback.

Using the "about_to_finish" signal/message of playbin2 I queue up a track and
leave playbin2 to do it's thing. Occasionally it works, most of the time I get
an error only on StdErr:

	** (Gereqi.py:757): CRITICAL **: deactivate_group: assertion `group->active'
failed

NOTE: Gereqi is my app name.

I get an "audio-changed" signal and then an EOS msg type. Just spent the last
3 days trying to figure out a way around this looking at Exaile's and Quod-
libet's backends but i'm getting no clues on what this error is. Is there
something critical to note with the use of playbin2?

Let me know if you need my environment and some code i'm using.

Regards

Reg.