[gst-devel] grab dv1394src into raw data

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri Oct 2 10:49:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 14:22 -0300, Gabriel Duarte wrote:
> Hello all!
> I want to grab dv1394 data from this pipe gst-launch-0.10 dv1394src !
> queue ! dvdemux ! ffdec_dvvideo ! ffmpegcolorspace ! video/x-raw-yuv,
> width=720, height=480, bpp=32, depth=24 ! autovideosink

Use appsink in place of autovideosink to get the data fed to you. Also,
specifying the width and height after ffmpegcolorspace is superfluous -
the video will retain the width and height it has at decode.

> I already have a C program using this pipe and showing the image, but
> what I really want is store this data into a variable, to apply my
> filters, conversions, etc...

The best way to participate fully in a GStreamer pipeline is to turn
your filters and conversions into GStreamer elements and put them in the
stream.

- Jan.

Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>