[gst-devel] using the tuner interface from python

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Oct 3 12:05:12 CEST 2009

Kulecz, Walter (JSC-SK)[WYLE INTEG. SCI. & ENG.] schrieb:
> [...]

this is perfectly normal but a surpise to everybody at first encounter. These
kind of interfaces are dynamic. Once a device is opened (READY) its features are
queried and the interfaces are added or not. So in NULL the elements simply does
not know yet what it will be capable of.

There is agreements to drop GST_IMPLEMENTS_INTERFACE and rather have a
_is_supported method in such interfaces. This probably needs a threestate return
like: NO, MAYBE, YES (maybe as in I-don't-know-yet).

Stefan