[gst-devel] alsasrc ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay ! udpsink - can receive, record then playback, but not playback live.

john oliver johnwpoliver at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:08:13 CEST 2009

Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:56:50 +0530
From: virajk at gmail.com
To: gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] alsasrc ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay ! udpsink - can	receive, record then playback, but not playback live.

Hi,
I dont think there is any bug in gstreamer.
I have successfully run "audio capture - UDP send" on one board and "UDP receive - audio playout" on other board.
But we didnt specify ssrc, clock-base, seqnum-base etc.. parameters for udpsrc.
Try this once (your command with minimal udpsrc parameters)

gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc  port=1234 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)audio, clock-rate=(int)8000, encoding-name=(string)PCMA"  ! rtppcmadepay  ! audio/x-alaw, rate=8000, channels=1  ! alawdec  ! alsasink

Thanks Viraj, however I am still only hearing sporadic bursts with that pipeline at the client end. I should have also mentioned that when I successfully streamed to vlc, on the server end I was time-stamping from a filesrc, but I had hacked gstfilesrc.c to sleep between frames for the sample length equivelent to my frame size.

John