[gst-devel] Help with commandline gstreamer

Kaustubh Khade kaustubhkhade at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:43:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for a command line argument to do the following

1. Read a .mpg file
2. Transcode the video component to mpeg4 (using ffenc_mpeg4)
3. Transcode the audio component to mp3
4. mux this to an AVI file.

I know that I can use the following code to create a mp3 transcoded file
using ffenc_libmp3lame (currently im just using a mp3 file as input.
gst-launch filesrc location=Desktop/nana\ patekar.mp3 ! decodebin name= dec
dec. ! queue ! audioconvert ! ffenc_libmp3lame ! filesink
location=Desktop/nana.mp3

I used this to get the video component in mpeg4 encoding in an AVI file.
gst-launch filesrc location=Desktop/Rage\ Against\ The\ Machine\ -\ Killing\
In\ The\ Name.mpg ! decodebin name= dec dec. ! queue ! ffenc_mpeg4 !
filesink location=Desktop/Rage_gstreamer_v.avi

I just dont know how to do it together.

I want something that would take this file
'filesrc location=Desktop/Rage\ Against\ The\ Machine\ -\ Killing\ In\ The\
Name.mpg'

demux it and use the 'ffenc_mpeg4' and similarly 'audioconvert !
ffenc_libmp3lame' and use 'avimux' to create an avi.

Could someone help me out here?

Kaustubh