[gst-devel] Could not capture AAC audio in mp4mux properly, help !!!

Yiliang Bao yiliangb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:07:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

I used the following pipeline:

    gst-launch alsasrc ! faac, bitrate=48000, profile=2 ! mp4mux ! filesink
location=test.m4a

The file was generated, but it could not be played back by gstreamer using
the following pipeline:

   gst-launch filesrc location=test.m4a ! decodebin ! autoaudiosink

Following messages are generated. It seems that the file was not generated
properly.

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0: This
file is invalid and cannot be played.
Additional debug info:
qtdemux.c(1447): gst_qtdemux_loop_state_header ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
Header atom 'mdat' has empty length
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I checked the binary, and the length field of mdat is indeed 0, and I could
not find any atoms, like moov, mvhd, etc., that describe the media.

Is this the right pipeline to capture audio in MP4 file? Thanks!!

Yiliang