[gst-devel] Could not capture AAC audio in mp4mux properly, help !!!

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:51:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 5:05 AM, sudarshan bisht
<bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Set num-buffers property in alsasrc .

Or use "gst-launch -e". The problem here is that the pipeline is not
properly finished (receives an EOS event), using -e will force an EOS when
you press ctrl+c. Using num-buffers will make the alsasrc push an EOS when
the number of buffers is generated.

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Yiliang Bao <yiliangb at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I used the following pipeline:
>>
>>    gst-launch alsasrc ! faac, bitrate=48000, profile=2 ! mp4mux ! filesink
>> location=test.m4a
>>
>> The file was generated, but it could not be played back by gstreamer using
>> the following pipeline:
>>
>>   gst-launch filesrc location=test.m4a ! decodebin ! autoaudiosink
>>
>> Following messages are generated. It seems that the file was not generated
>> properly.
>>
>> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
>> ERROR: from element
>> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0: This
>> file is invalid and cannot be played.
>> Additional debug info:
>> qtdemux.c(1447): gst_qtdemux_loop_state_header ():
>> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
>> Header atom 'mdat' has empty length
>> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
>> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
>> Freeing pipeline ...
>>
>> I checked the binary, and the length field of mdat is indeed 0, and I
>> could
>> not find any atoms, like moov, mvhd, etc., that describe the media.
>>
>> Is this the right pipeline to capture audio in MP4 file? Thanks!!
>>
>> Yiliang
>>
>> --

> --
> Regards,