[gst-devel] Any ways to add/remove branches to/from a running pipeline

Shiping shiping.li at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:14:21 CEST 2009

Hi, there:

I am trying to record live video, so a pipeline is setup to record video
continuously.

And during this process, I would like to preview the video from source.  So
I add a tee to the recording pipeline and branch out for previewing.  When
preview stopped, the branch was removed from the pipeline.

I tried hard not to pause recording pipeline, but got all kinds of errors
and unstable recording.  Currently all I can do is pause recording,
inset/remove branch, and restart the whole pipeline.

Of cause, I lost some frames in above process.

My question is:  Is there a way to do it without pausing the recording?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shiping