[gst-devel] custom mime type error

Hemin Merchant hemin.merchant at geodesic.com
Thu Oct 8 17:06:55 CEST 2009

We are trying to create a custom mime type as video/geo.
For that,  we are creating a plugin which takes .geo as input and yuv as
source output.
We could register our plugin which gets detected when we try playing a
.geo file which has a simple header GEO and yuv420 data.

The problem is that when we run  gst-launch-0.10 filesrc
location="/home/hemin/Desktop/suzie.geo" ! examplefilter ! xvimagesink

we get error>>>>

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link examplefilter0 to xvimagesink0

We have hard coded the height,width,framerate, and the format in the
plugin code as

static GstStaticPadTemplate src_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE ("src",
    GST_PAD_SRC,
    GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
    GST_STATIC_CAPS ("video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)I420, width =
(int) 176,"" height = (int) 144," "framerate = (double)10"));

What should I do so that it connects to the xvimagesink plugin and play
the file?? Where am I going wrong ?

Please help!!!!!