[gst-devel] Dropping buffers when pausing live stream

William Gerecke gerecke at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:48:58 CEST 2009

Arnout,

I can't figure out how to reply on this list and responding by e-mail...

Did you consider the valve element for this purpose? The element can be
placed upstream of your processor intensive elements and turned on or off
using the "drop" property.  When drop is set to TRUE the element drops data
thereby preventing buffer overflows.

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-valve.html

Bill