[gst-devel] tested successfully by using gst-launch but didn't work by using playbin2

xujh xjh41605 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 03:40:52 CEST 2009

Stefan Kost wrote:

> xujh schrieb:
>> But when i try to use laybin2 to do this job it failed. I have set
>> properties "video-sink" and "audio-sink" of playbin2.
>
> It should pick something reasonable if you don't set them. Btw how did you
> set them?
>
> Stefan

I set the property "video-sink" as follows:
mPlayBin = gst_element_factory_make ("playbin2", NULL);
 mVideoSink = gst_element_factory_make("surfaceflingersink", NULL);
g_object_set (mPlayBin, "video-sink", mVideoSink, NULL);

I don't think that this results errors because when i use software codec
plugins to make the pipeline it played well.
The plugin videosink accepts buffers with the format of RGB565 and output to
the screen using Android framework.

I am confused that when i used plugin ffmpegcolorspace as the peer element,I
found that the function "set_caps" of videosink was called when i played an
avi file under command line by running "gst-launch-0.10 filesrc
location=/sdcard/2.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux. ! queue ! ffdec_aac !
audioflingersink demux. ! queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
surfaceflingersink" but when i used hardware decode plugins which were
provided by freescale under command line by running "gst-launch-0.10 filesrc
location=/sdcard/s.avi ! mfw_avidemuxer ! mfw_vpudecoder codec-type=std_avc
! surfaceflingersink" the function "set_caps" wasn't called .the src pad of
decode plugin is same with the sink pad of surfaceflingsink.

I don't know why.

I wonder if this relates to the decode job which is done by a chip of dsp
and that why it can play well by using gst-launch or making the pipeline
manualy(not using playbin2) but resulted errors by using playbin2 .