[gst-devel] Question on the element who will have two pad types

Chen, Weian weian.chen at intel.com
Wed Oct 14 07:36:55 CEST 2009

thanks,
Weian
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Smith [mailto:msmith at xiph.org]
Sent: 2009年10月14日 13:27
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Question on the element who will have two pad types

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Chen, Weian <weian.chen at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am thinking to develop an element, who will have two source pad, one is
> always type, and the other is request type, then how to create these pads?

That's fine - just create the appropriate pad templates, and then
implement the request pad function for your request pad template.

> And what will the _chain function look like?

No way to give advice about that - we don't know anything about your
element. But there's nothing intrinsically difficult about what you've
described - just push data on the pads you have!

I mean do we need two _chain functions or we can push data to the 2 pads in the same _chain function (the data push to the 2 pads is different).

Mike